Alpina Ginger Flowers
Flower Care & Conditioning
Alpinia Ginger Flowers
These cone-like, cylindrical flowers have numerous overlapping bracts. You can use the leaves as well as the flowers in tropical designs. Vase life is very good – 10 to 14 days with certain types good for up to 21 days. The flowers and greenery will have a strong ginger aroma.
Care & Conditioning:
- Alpinia needs to be cut and placed in water with a floral preservative.
- Hydrate any wilted flowers in an acidic solution for 1-2 hours, or submerge them in clean water at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Do not store below 50 degrees F or cold damage will result.
- These can be stored for 4 to 5 days at 59 degrees F with humidity at about 90-90%.
- Misting once a day may help to extend the life of these cut flowers.
- Casey Wagner