Caring for Kangaroo Paws
Flower Care & Conditioning
Anigozanthos Kangaroo Paws
Kangaroo paw originates from Australia as a common weed. The flower industry has adopted this Australian pest as florist favorite and breeders have developed new colors like white & pink. Anigozanthos can last up to 26 days if cared for properly, but they can also be dried for future use. The flowers will open at the tip of the bud, but won’t last long. Try to recut the kangaroo paw stems weekly to ensure the longest possible vase life.
Care & Conditioning:
- Cut about 2 inches off each of the stems.
- Kangaroo paw is ethylene sensitive, so make sure to use a preservative that contains an anti-ethylene agent.
- Allow the stems to remain in the preservative filled water at room temperature for at least 5 hours to hydrate.
- Use a bactericide to prevent blockage.
- Kangaroo paw can be stored at 36-39 degrees for 3-4 days.
- Kangaroo paws are perfect for drying.