Alstroemeria Care Instruction
Flower Care & Conditioning:
Tall, line flowers with three bell shaped blooms at the top of the stalk. These are used as a line flower and have an excellent vase life! Our recommendation is getting these delivered four days before you need them to be fully bloomed.
- Recut and hydrate the stems as soon as possible.
- Remove excess foliage that may fall below the water line.
- Use a preservative with an anti-ethylene agent and bactericide.
- Use clean water and sterilized vessels, as Alstroemeria stems are prone to blockage.
- Place stem directly into the deepest amount of water possible. It only takes a minute for the stem to seal, have your containers ready prior to cutting.
- Change the water every couple days (or whenever the water appears cloudy) with a fresh cut and stem clean up to help with absorption.
- Pinch or trim off spent blossoms and yellowing leaves to encourage other blossoms to open and increase the life of the flowers.
- Casey Wagner