Anemone Care Instructions
Flower Care & Conditioning
Fresh Cut Anemones
Anemones are members of the buttercup family. They were first cultivated in Mediterranean and Asian countries going back to ancient times. The anemone flowers arrive closed and open to a daisy like flat bloom. The flowers will wilt quickly, so hydrate them as soon as possible.
Care & Conditioning:
- Cut the stems at a sharp angle and begin to hydrate as soon as possible.
- It only takes a minute for the stem to seal, so have your containers ready prior to cutting.
- Clean up any leaves or flowers that might sit in the water to avoid bacteria build up.
- The water temperature should be around room temperature.
- Use a preservative that has an anti-ethylene agent.
- Anemones open in the light and close in the dark, this is natural for this this flower type. Temperatures will have the same effect. Warmer temperatures will stimulate the bloom process and cooler temperatures will cause them to close.
- Casey Wagner