How to Care for Snapdragons
Flower Care & Conditioning
Antirrhinum Snapdragon Flowers
Antirrhinum Snapdragon Flowers can be found in almost every garden across the country. The flowers come in a variety of colors and the length of the flowers makes an ideal choice when adding height to your English garden centerpieces. Snapdragons originated in the Mediterranean and have similar requirements to delphinium and larkspur.
Care & Conditioning:
- Prepare your containers – make sure they’re disinfected and filled with clean fresh water. When conditioning snapdragon flowers – make sure to use a preservative with an anti-ethylene agent and a sugar.
- The sugar will help the buds blossom.
- Do not store below 32 degrees F or you will see chill damage occur.
- Always keep these flowers in bright light to prevent bending.
- Break the tips off in an arrangement to prevent bending.
- These can be stored if necessary for about 2 to 3 days at 39-43 degrees F with a relative humidity level of 75-85%.
- Casey Wagner