Fresh Cut Allium
Colors: Burgundy, green, purple, pink, yellow & white
Length: Medium to Long, depending on the head size
Season: Late Spring, Summer & Fall
Allium comes in varying sizes from small to giant. The star-shaped blooms combine to create a single globular flower. Even though there are over 750 species of allium, there are very few florist cultivars. Two of the most popular cut allium flowers are the A. neopolitanum and the A. christophii.
- AKA: Allium, Ornamental Onion Flower
- Aroma: Faint onion scent that gets stronger as the flower matures
- Availability: Spring, Summer & Fall
- Average Vase Life: 10 days to 3 weeks, with proper care (change the water frequently)
- Arranging Tip: Do not bruise the flower during arranging, as this will release the onion odor. Flowers can be cut short to fit the arrangement.
- Casey Wagner